We believe that a school uniform is important in building the pupils’ sense of identity and belonging to the community of the school. It instils a sense of pride in the school and supports positive behaviour. It is one of the symbols of the ethos of the school.
Our policy requires pupils to wear:
WINTER UNIFORM (Terms 2/3/4)
- Logo V-neck navy Sweater/Cardigan (no alternative)
- White Collared Shirt (short or long sleeved) and Tie (elastic or tie-on) navy/red for Winscombe
- Charcoal Grey Knee-Length A-line Skirt / pinafore or Charcoal Grey Tailored Trousers
- Plain Grey or White Socks / Grey Tights (no trainer socks)
- Black Polishable Shoes (no boots/heels, trainers, pumps or platforms)
- Logo Book Bag / Rucksack Or Small Bag
SUMMER UNIFORM (Terms 1/5/6)
As above, but including:
- Charcoal Grey Tailored Shorts or Blue Check Summer Dress / Skorts
- Plain White Socks with Summer Dress
- White or Black Polishable Sandals with closed toes or shoes
All pupils must wear:
- Coloured logo T-shirt (no alternative) depending on crew
- Navy Shadow Stripe Shorts (available from school)
- logo sweatshirt/ plain navy crew neck sweatshirt
- Plain Navy Jogging Pants
The school office sells P.E. t-shirts, P.E. sweatshirts, jumpers and cardigans and caps that carry the school badge. In addition we also sell P.E shorts.
It is important that children have sensible shoes for school – no boots. Trainers are worn for P.E. only and should not be worn at other times during the school day. Shoes with raised heels, clogs or mules should also not be worn. Sandals that are supportive and are in an appropriate colour are acceptable.
In the interests of safety, no jewellery – chains, rings or decorative earrings – may be worn in school. Stud earrings for pierced ears are acceptable. Standard ‘non-toy’ watches may be worn although the school cannot take responsibility for them and they must be removed for P.E. lessons. For safeguarding reasons, we do not allow smart-watches that have video/photo capabilities. Nail polish and temporary tattoos are not acceptable as part of the school uniform.
Long hair should be tied back. Each child should have an appropriate hairstyle and haircut for school. The school does not permit children to have haircuts that could serve as a distraction to other children. Hair bands should be worn in school colours – either red/blue or white
We recommend that pupils wear a hat in the summer months, on the playground/field, to protect themselves from the sun (in addition to sun cream – see relevant policy). We also have legionnaire caps (with detachable neck protector) with the School logo available for those pupils who would like one.